Thank You Pages – The Ultimate Upsell Opportunity
Today I wanted to provide you with easy and effective ways on how you can better cross-sell, upsell, and convert; all just by simply changing the design of your landing pages… So when someone reaches your landing page your number one goal here is to get your customer to share their details with us. No one is going to do this unless you do these quick things:
- Keep your forms short. We suggest grabbing at least name, email, and phone number. Use a bigger header to broadcast your offer value.
- Use bullet points, focusing on the key features and benefits of your offer to showcase how it will change your customer’s life.
- Use a clean, organised design. Make your page mobile friendly. And don’t forget to test your landing page on a variety of devices.
Below is an example of one of our own thank you landing pages. We have included a second offer on ours and also added a second form, which includes extra questions so that we can build up our contact’s details on our CRM… and ultimately learn more about our customers so we can better market to them!
Benefits of thank you pages
Now you’ve acquired someone’s details what do we do now?
Whether someone filled out your form to receive your content asset, subscribe to your newsletter, or even purchase your product, the thank you page is quite often a huge missed opportunity.
What many people often fail to recognise is the potential of Thank You pages to not only show your appreciation to the customer for following your call to action but also as an entire page dedicated to a potential upsell or conversion.
Thank You pages provide you with the opportunity to increase your ROI even after the conversion has been made, utilising current momentum to further the engagement.
More often than not the ‘Thank You’ aspect is seen as somewhat of an afterthought. To understand the advantages of thank you pages, compared to thank you messages and how they convert, follow the link here.
8 effective ways you can leverage your thank you page
- Include a video outlining another service that you offer, or a free service such as consultation with a call to action.
- Advertise another of your products. Ideally, one similar or relevant to what the customer had just purchased.
- Encourage them to follow your social channels.
- Ask them to share your offer to receive a free discount code.
- Reconvert them using another call to action.
- Bring them to another page on your website.
- Add a subscribe to your blog button.
- Show off your customer love. Perhaps as a testimonial video, or positive customer reviews, to reinforce your credibility.
Finally, remember to make sure you qualify and nurture the leads from your landing pages.
For more tips and tricks on landing pages, Click here to sign up for a FREE 1-hour Growth Implementation Plan Session where you will get a detailed plan for your business showing how you can use digital marketing to predictably generate customers.